Thursday, January 10, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer in Rose On And On

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I heard the new L'Oreal lip product is a dupe of YSL Glossy Stain, I knew I had to get one. On the other hand, I was kind of skeptical. From my experience, most L'Oreal lip products have a scent that I'm not keen on. I thought it wouldn't hurt to try one.

Product Review: L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer in #184 Rose On And On

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $7.99 for 0.21 fl oz/ 6.3 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Discover a stain that thinks it's a gloss. Now hydration & shine meet lasting, lightweight color. Colour Riche Aqua Lip Shine Stain combines the power of a lip stain with lip-gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of light hydrating oils & concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Colour Riche Shine Stain leaves lips soft, comfortable and hydrated for up to 6 hours. The revoluntionary Colour Caresse by Colour Riche Luminous Lipcolour formula utlilizes L'Oreal Paris' exclusive Lightfeel System technology; a combination of polymers and strengthening base that feels weightless on lips. Packed with ultra-hydrating Omega 3, Vitamin E, and moisturizing Argan Oil. Colour Riche Lipcolour keeps lips soft, smooth and supple thanks to its high quality ingredients. Lipstain Power: Fresh color feels barely there. Lipgloss Shine: Lacquer shine + Non-Sticky feel. Caring Color: 6 hr continuous hydration.
Thoughts: When I saw this at Walmart, I knew the selection was slim. They did not even have the color the model was wearing.
Out of the ones they had, I choose Rose On And On. They list the name on top of the tube.

I actually like the packaging. It's very simple and classic looking. The quality of the packaging I have to say it's better than their eyeshadow quad, L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow. I reviewed one from their Smokey Eyes in Sultry Seductress. It's not as weak as the lid of the eyeshadow quad, but both products grab fingerprints. The lip stain gets less scratches and will not crack like the eyeshadow quad.

Like I said earlier, most L'Oreal lip products have scents that I'm not keen on. This product has a slight scent if you put the product to your nose. It smells like a fruity perfume. I only noticed the smell for couple seconds while applying the product on my lips. After couple seconds, you don't even notice it. In all honesty, I actually don't mind the scent of this product which is amazing in itself since 90% other L'Oreal lip products I cannot stand.
Here's a closer look of the tube. I think it's kind of cool having a clear plastic so you can see the color closer.
Here's a look of the brush. It looks similar to YSL Glossy Stain.
Swatch of the lip stain. It's a rosy color with slight sparkles.
Here's how the lip stain looks on my lips.

Overall opinion about this product... When you apply the lip stain, it's very cooling. It's not like lip pumping type of cooling sensation. It's just cold feeling that only lasts until it dries. I would say the cold feeling lasts for a minute or two. While it's wet, it's also sticky. Once it dries, the stickiness disappears. It lasts a long time. One thing I noticed about long lasting product, the shininess/glossiness disappears. It becomes matte. This product doesn't. The shininess/glossiness lasts the whole time until the product disappears! The lip stained stayed on my lips for a good 5 hours until I ate something. Even eating something, the stain disappeared but a  minimum. It wasn't the same as applying the stain, but it still looked good. Not only was the stain shiny, but it didn't look like a lipstick on my lips. It looked like a stain if that makes sense. It was extremely gorgeous! I'm not too sure if the other colors in this line looks like this. I will definitely be purchasing more of the other colors. I just hope it's as gorgeous as this one. I really loved this color and product!

Pros:
* Cheaper dupe of YSL Glossy Stain.
* Simple and classic packaging.
* See through packaging so you can see the color of the product.
* Sponge-like brush.
* Fruity perfume scent.
* Scent isn't strong; lasts a minute or two.
* Cooling sensation.
* Stickiness disappears.
* Long lasting.
* Shininess/glossiness lasts a long time.

Cons:
* Easily see fingerprints on the packaging.
* Sticky while wet.

Would repurchase: Yes!!!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Lash Architect Waterproof
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes


End of last year around November (I believe it was Black Friday), I visited a CCO.
I saw the cutest mini perfume. I couldn't refuse since I like the scent and it's oh so cute. I bought the DKNY Be Delicious Perfume. It's so adorable!

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

24 comments:

Popblush said...

This lip lacquer has been talked about a lot these days and I'm actually getting curious and want to try it. When the YSL Glossy stains were highly well reviewed, I wanted to try it but couldn't justify buying any here especially because I don't like glosses (due to stickiness). From your review, this seems like an awesome, non-sticky, long lasting lipgloss - something I would love to try! ^_^ Now I am quite excited for it to arrive here - going to wait till it goes on sale though haha!


DKNY Be Delicious was one of my faves and I went through like 4 bottles in the past 4yrs. Not so much anymore - time for me to try some other perfumes lol.

Jamie Panganiban said...

"sitcky while wet" this made me laugh. haha anyway, i've been seeing this on youtube and also at my walmart. i was tempted to try them but then i'm not a lipgloss type of person. i prefer lipsticks and lipbalms. but who knows? since this performs as a stain, eventually i could give in.

Raimar Guevara said...

Really lovely the color from that lipgloss.

Ahleessa said...

In all honesty, I bought YSL Glossy Stain long time ago and haven't used it. You would think someone who spent some good money would have tried it out? I just get overwhelmed with products. It's crazy insane and I don't where to start. I need to stop buying... lol~ :X I will compare them in a future post after I try it out... lol~ :X For L'Oreal Lip Lacquer, I love it so far. I highly recommend it... hehe~


You're so good about finishing your perfumes. I don't ever remember finishing any. :X What are you using at the moment?

Ahleessa said...

Hrmmm~ I hope you weren't thinking what I'm thinking by your comment... lol~ :P I think you will like it if you're not a lipgloss type of person, but I could be wrong. I'm guessing you don't like sticky lip products. If that's the case, you should like this.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you it is a gorgeous color! :)

Popblush said...

I was like you too - a year back I was so overwhelmed with products I had in my collection. I wanted to try so many things but just didn't have to capacity to! lol. I kept hoarding and bought back ups of back ups! I recently cleaned out my makeup collection and got rid of all the old so its much more smaller.

The perfumes I am using is Chloe (original) and Nina Ricci (green apple bottle which I got ages ago)!

Looking forward to your comparison - try your YSL Glossy Stain so it doesn't go to waste!~ Hahaha

sleepandwater said...

Sounds like a really interesting product, glad to hear you liked it and it performed well! The cooling sensation is quite odd, but the lasting power is impressive :)

Ahleessa said...

At least you were a hoarder only for a while and decided to change. I've been a hoarder since I started blogging *sigh*. It's so not good, but I don't seem to change *sigh*. I'm good about not buying back ups, because I know I'll never finish any of the cosmetics especially lip products, blush, and eye products. I'm pretty good about finishing skincare products. My issue is that new products keep coming out and I get curious to try. I keep buying when I haven't even finished the old products. :X


I will try thew YSL Glossy Stain tomorrow, and compare them... wheee~ I wonder which one I will like better. I really do like the L'Oreal one.

Ahleessa said...

I hope people understood what I mean about cooling sensation. It's just cold when you apply it... hehe~ I know that's such an interesting thing. I don't think I know any other products that puts a cold sensation while you apply it. :/

Popblush said...

Well, I still hoard but not as much as I did 2 years ago.. I know, I have a huge list of things I have yet to try.. Blushes and lippies take so long to finish right?! I also have a few foundations that I should finish.

Jamie Panganiban said...

Hahahaha. Well! yes, i don't like sticky lipglosses! Its a magnet for hair! Ewww.. haha. I prefer moist looking lips over glossy lips.

Ahleessa said...

What's the different between moist looking lips vs glossy lips? They seem the same to me. :/

Ahleessa said...

At least, you stopped hoarding. That's my wish.... hehe~ When it comes to shopping, I only purchase one type of things. The last several years it's been cosmetics. Before cosmetics, it was earrings. I get so excited when I purchase cosmetics. I tell myself I need to stop since I have so many products that can last several individual's life. I still purchase. :( Even friends tell me I need to stop. I think I have issues. :( I wish cosmetics were like skincare. I can finish skincare so easily... hehe~

Popblush said...

Hahaha, I am like that too! I go through phases - like a blush phase, then lipstick phase, foundation phase etc etc. I went through a maxi dress phase and all I shopped for was that. Lol. I'm not as bad anymore (I think...?) Awww, I don't think you have issues hun. If you feel real bad about it, then have maybe set yourself a limit - like one cosmetic item per fortnight or allow one purchase if you finish two? Seriously though, it would be awesome if you blogged about even a portion of the stuff you have in your closet! Lol!

Ahleessa said...

I have a section of makeup on my dresser counter. After awhile, I move it into my closest because I use new products... hehe~ So part of the products in my closest already has been reviewed. I also keep boxes of products that need to be reviewed in my closest. Once they're reviewed, I throw them away. I noticed when I became a blogger, I ended up buying more cosmetics *sigh*. Blogging hasn't helped, but I don't want to quit blogging. Dilemmas but I'm happy I think... lol~

Popblush said...

Yeah, after I started blogging, I definitely started buying much more makeup. My excuse started being "oh, I think I will get this because I can review and blog about it" LOL

Ahleessa said...

I'm the same. I think all beauty bloggers think the same. "The readers love reading new products so I should buy it and blog about it"... hehe~

GiGi said...

Do you think the rose would look good on darker skin tones? Like, different race :) I really want to try one, but I'm afraid to buy one that isn't for my skin tone.

Ahleessa said...

Depending on the degree of your skin tone, I would say it will go from sheer to a lighter than medium color. If you're looking for a pigmented color, there's a lot more color in this range that will look bright on you. Rose On and On is the third lightest color in this line. It also depends on the pigmentation of your lip. I have a tendency to have pink on my lips, therefore, most colors look brighter on me compared to most people. It doesn't matter with the skin tone. I can have brighter colored lips compared to pale individual with pink lips. :/

GiGi said...

Thank you!!!! That helps a lot!! :D

Ahleessa said...

You're very welcome! I hope I helped. :)

Jamie Panganiban said...

To me, moist lips are you know they look moisturized.. glossy are over the top shiny to me. hahaha am i too vague with my explanations.. anyway, if its too shiny then that's gloss to me.. over the top glossy! Like the person ate the lipgloss rather than applied it. hahahaa

Ahleessa said...

I see. Actually, I don't see... lol~ Still a little confused but I think I got your point... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...